The overall purpose of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is to empower employed graduates, those aspiring for management positions, those seeking career progression in management, as well as unemployed graduates who would like to increase their employability by obtaining advanced general management knowledge. This programme will ensure that graduates understand management principles and practices and apply them to better manage teams and organizations or divisions of organizations. The programme aims to develop an integrated conceptual understanding, synthesis and critical application of specialised qualitative and quantitative issues in management with a view to enable students become knowledgeable, well-rounded business managers and leaders. Moreover, through application of the understanding and knowledge of research as it pertains to management, graduates will be able to resolve management related challenges by conducting research and present their results in a manner that is understood by both management teams as well as senior management of the organization.
Upon successfully completing this programme, graduates will:
- Interpret, interrogate and critically evaluate management theory against best practices and implement business practices across national and international boundaries to effectively manage an organization.
- Display effective research and communication skills for sound management and decision making through conducting advanced research and report writing
- Be appropriately equipped with general management knowledge to improve employability.
- Better manage own or other’s organizations through inter-alia effective management of people, finance, technology, as well as embracing change and innovation.
- Be able to identify, analyze and solve management and commercial problems
- Consider business opportunities through acquiring entrepreneurial knowledge and skills.